PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2009, 02:54
apaddyinuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Future CC,

Are you aware of the severe and ruthless changes that took place in EI during WW tenure? You were only about 8 or 9 at the time however I was in my early 20s and had only a few years earlier started my career with EI just like you are hoping to do with Ryanair. Those changes were significant and often life changing for those it affected. I will not say they were unnecessary but they fundamentally changed that airline beyond all recognition and indeed many good good and mightly experienced people left the airline as a result!!! I myself left during the time and now find myself back with WW who followed me to BA..IRONY!

Now, your comments I do not believe are based on your informed experiences but are just sweeping statements with little substance. Yes EI are in a bad way but so are many other airlines including BA, Virgin, BMI, AF/KLM to name but a few. Whether any of them will succumb to the bank managers is yet to be seen but please appreciate that your comments are unhelpful and do nothing for your argument.

Not here attacking you, I am just hoping you realise that it is important to be informed before talking out of turn! The people in Aer Lingus both old and new have worked very bloody hard to keep that airline afloat and the very fact that they survived when the likes of Sabena and Swissair failed is tantamount to that regardless of what some critics may claim. It is a great airline, with some great people in it, its only problem is that it is yet to secure a strong forward thinking leader (they have finally managed to shake the leash that was the Irish government off their backs) willing to build the airline up on its strengths of which there are many!

Now I could question your total determination to work for FR but alas, I think I shall allow you to learn from your own mistakes on that one! LOL!