PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some advice required.
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2009, 21:45
1mag1n3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some advice required.

Hey folks,

The current situation is dire. No point asking if I can train now, since I cant.

However, I have 3 plans which I am currently pondering over and I need to make a decision quite quickly, say within a fortnight.

Firstly I am onto stage 2 of the NATS air traffic control selection, and if I do get onto this course then I will pursue it, however with the selection being so selective I have to have a plan B/C.

The two choices I have which are both practically set in stone as plans B/C are either to go to university to study something, or go off with Carnival UK to complete a cadetship to become a navigation officer.

I say "something" with regard to university since I am going into clearing. Clearing is a system to try and fill all the unfilled spaces within a university which are advertised to prospective candidates. I could study Maths, Geography, Physics, or something Aviation related such as THIS course.

Now, in the long term I want to be a pilot. It has influenced me so much to the point now, where I am simply in a muddle and cant decide which is the "best" next step for me to take.

Obviously going down the university route brings debt. The cadetship doesnt, plus you have the university life while on land...

Any opinions folks?