PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Is the worst of the Global Financial Crisis behind us?
Old 4th Aug 2009, 21:42
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The end is near....repent....it's not too late....become a vegetarian...cattle create too much green house gases....

How many times have we heard doomsday prophets vent their visions of the future and still nothing ever happens....

Falling leaf....You did not answer my question about the oil crisis in the 70's...

Did aviation or indeed the world slip into oblivion at that time....Hang on I'll walk out side and see if the sun has come up this morning....be patient and I'll be back in a minute...

Nooooooooo sorry,it's a beautiful morning,the sun is out and the birds are singing and unfortunately I have to go and do some work....

Life goes on as it always has done ......

Unless some loony in North Korea presses a button it .....and there's not much we can do about that.

I doubt that falling Leaf and others are correct.My point to Falling Leaf though is that perhaps if the cost of fuel does increase we will have to adapt as mankind has done millions of times before...

Perhaps if the cost of fuel does become a significant issue we will have to have smaller aircraft and it will be like the old days of aviation when only the well heeled can afford to fly...maybe today's aircraft like the A380 are not the way of the future but does it mean we will all have to live a subsistence life again...I doubt it.

If you want to listen to these prophets of doom, you may as well cash it in today.

As I said yesterday,the same people were harping on about the swine flu only a few weeks ago but now that that danger is slipping away they are panicking about oil......what will it be next.....meteorites?