PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyGlobeSpan - 8 (merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2009, 19:19
chickenstrips

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
habs_fan, you are very well informed then….

I work airside at EDI so got the infromation first hand from seeing the aircraft in a sorry state and talking to the enginers and the alba dispatchers and.
The very nice girls in duty free and the great folks at Costa all work airside and I’d question their airframe/jet turbine knowledge too if need be, so, what exactly do you do at EDI??

JP is a fine machine.

The “unstable structor” you refer to was the result of some dim witted ramp agent driving off with the GPU still plugged in to the GSU. Thus resulting in a small fracture between the inner skin and the receptacle flange. As I’m sure you are aware this is a two layered formation, which Boeing had no specific repair procedure for, as I understand it, at that time.

As with any crack, they are sighted, repaired or monitored. In this case, it was monitored and then repaired. I think this particular airframe was out of service for all of one day.

As for the engine issue, what are you referring to? JP had only one issue with her engine, which is well known and as of the last time I flew her, of no issue at all.

So, without trying to sound too condescending – use a spell checker before posting on a professional forum, provide accurate and knowledgeable information!

Please elaborate further, with specifics!!

TIA

CS!!

Last edited by chickenstrips; 6th Aug 2009 at 12:18.