PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Teaching JAA in the USA
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2009, 15:53
chris323

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Teaching JAA in the USA

I am looking at going out to America to a JAR school in California to teach JAA PPL's. I have recently qualified from BCFT in Bournemouth having completed the usual CPL FIC etc.

I know a few friends have been to Florida to teach JAA and they advised me that once i had the FI(A) on my licence all i required was to have my licence varified by a FSDO in the states having completed the paperwork on both sides and paid the fee to the CAA. I have already done this for my hours building when i went to the US last year and have the FAA card which, as far as im aware, gives me the privaledges of a FAA PPL off of my JAR PPL.

I would like to know if anyone knows of any additional FAA qualifications i will require to teach JAA in the US. A subject that i think can confuse many!! (like me....)

Also I have the latest version of both LASORS and FAR/AIM and have looked through them to see if I can find out any information on this but with no success so far, so if anyone knows any document that would tell me about it I would be grateful if you could you let me know so i could look it up. I have had many people advise me with their information but I have never found anything in black and white, which states the requirements.

Hope someone can help!!