PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Right Bundle Branch Block (RBBB)
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2009, 12:08
Jarvy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear this Whirlbird, I have had heart problems for about 5 years now so understand some of the problems.
I have a CPL(H) and sometimes a Class 1 (OML) medical.
1 The CAA will look at your ECG and WILL confirm this. They will ask for the exercise ECG to the Bruce protocol, a 24 houlter and an echocardiogram.

2 If your AME has grounded you subject to the CAA looking at your ECG then I'm sorry but you cannot fly at all as pilot in command. (same as if you had no medical)

3 If the CAA decide you have RBBB then a class 1 (oml) may be allowed. This counts as a class 2 and allows you to fly as P1 with a qualified P2 or as a P2 commercial. So not much good for instructing.

4 Its best that the CAA do the first tests at Gatwick. The prices are on the website. You may get them done on the NHS (I have had them done at the CAA, privately and on the NHS) but it is alot slower.

5 It is very difficult to get answers from the CAA and I have 5 years of practice. Best way is by e-mail.

Sorry for all the bad news.
If you have any more questions or just want to talk about this please contact me.

Jarvy

Last edited by Jarvy; 4th Aug 2009 at 12:11. Reason: spelling