PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAS AIR... Would u drop your life savings off to them?
Old 4th Aug 2009, 11:02
RyanSydney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow,
some amazong advice so quickly.

I really appreciate it..

i under no circumstances ever would part with my cash up front! I am a hard worker dedicated to getting in the industry and have saved quite a substancial amount to fund my this endeavour. The payment scheme is 20% upfront and 10 payments monthly of a total course fee, which i thought gave me some security.

The reason i am wanting to do the course in the 150hr format is both to save the extra 50 hours required for a CPL when flying casually and i also want to be focused 100% on my study and skill gaining, hence, not be studying after 10 hours on the tools @ work and trying to squeeze a flight in on saturdays as the job im in now is on a fulltime or no time basis.. In other words im there 5-6days per week or not at all.. And also, i would prefer to learn with others as opposed to self study...

I really like the idea of smaller establishments like suggeted by a few ppl, (MrHat, what u said is coming across loud and clear!!) but i have come across none that will offer a 150hr course with a classroom type study.. They are mostly geared like a flying club, (similar to schofields @ bankstown) offering the sylabus pay as you go, self study type thing.. I wish there was a middle ground!

I'm still quite stuck on which path to take...

(i would address everyone personally but this post will get out of hand!)

At the end of the day, the course i am looking at @BAS is a CPL single quite basic for around 40K, which is what i will have when looking to start late this yr early next..

This Type of money just doesn't cut it to get to CPL level when flying casually..