PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ra Aus Not Goming To A Cta Near You
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2009, 02:05
baswell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL, you seem to know me well! I never discussed this on "the other site". The first I heard of it was from someone at a fly-in, who was there and does know the guy closely. I have never spoken to him myself. I only know him by reputation and flying with some of the people his school has trained.

You completely missed my point about the melbourne reference. Say someone learns to fly out in the sticks, hours away from *any* CTA, but they have a PPL and can use CTA so one day after years hopping between their paddock and town they decide to fly to Melbourne. Who do you think will be better equiped to handle it, the PPL (a real pilot!) or the RA+CTA guy who has been flying the Adelaide CTA every weekend for a long time?

How well equiped you are to deal with the situation has nothing to do with whether you have a PPL or RA cert, and everything with training and experience. Not to mention a great deal of RAA flyers, especially near CTAs that would be interested in gaining the endorsement tend to train at schools that do both RA and GA, trained by the exact same instructors using the same sylabus.