PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA's revised GAAP procedures.
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2009, 01:14
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Has anyone actually read this report?

Gotta love the references of cost cutting. Reducing services to enable staffing cuts to reduce costs. The removal of the briefing office and the biggy to me, curtailment of free pubs...it pops up pretty regularly that a lot of GAAP infringments are doc related...pilots freely admit they do not carry current docs.....Hilmer/Bosch reviews have come home to roost as far as I am concerned...Bosch said SAFETY related issues NO CHARGE or cutting. PUBS are a safety issue if pilots refuse to carry updated docs on cost grounds...even if the threat of the FOI detection exists.

You reap what you sow!

Site Specific Charging, I reckon this is where the rot started. Stakeholders start bitching about charging. Start tinkering around the edges to reduce services and directly..costs and before you know it..well it did take nearly two decades and an upturn in movments and we find that we have cut the service to below what is considered safe....well if the CASA talked to any pre 92 professional pilot/atc they could have got that in a free spray!

Now? the Casa wishes to go to ICAO class D which will be an unmitigated disaster for GAAP. They may as well tell the airport owners to rip up all but one single runway in each direction...and we know where that will lead..because ICAO Class D SARPS will NOT allow parrallel runway ops with all current GAAP aerodrome layouts.

Funnily, Ambidji recommended NO CHANGE TO GAAP PROCEDURES!
Ambidji does not see any demonstrable safety benefit in attempting to replace GAAP
with an alternative process in the short to medium term.