PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA's revised GAAP procedures.
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2009, 00:26
goin'flyin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awol57, maybe you can answer a question for me. Not sure whether the same applies where you are, as i fly from Bankstown, maybe you can help.

It relates to the allowance of only 6 aircraft at a time. The pile of poo says "6 in the circuit". Is it open to interpretation from your part as a ATC to work out what is "in the circuit". At bankstown (and most GAAP zones i know of), the inbound points are approx 5nm from the aerodrome, yet aircraft are being held at inbound points which are nowhere near "the circuit".

So if an aircraft departs, when is it classified as no longer in the circuit?
Likewise on arrival, for the little C152 it could take them 6-8 minutes to get from the inbound point to the circuit, that allows for a significant number of movements.

Is it up to the controller to say 3 aircraft will land from within the circuit, so i'll let 3 more start to come inbound?

I have the greatest respect for you guys (ATC in general, but specifically YSBK as that's who i deal with most) who have to manage everything from beginners in C152's to professional pilots in corporate jets.

You do a fantastic job - especially at the moment while having one hand tied behind your back and one eye covered by the bullsh@t castles poo list.