PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FSI says free training for those involuntarily unemployed
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 18:49
Iflyme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not quite true...

GLF stated: "If a company had a full service contact, then at time of lay off I am certain that they would have been asked by the CP, to allocate the schedule for the remainer of the service contract. So its a win win for the company, and crews."

At the time of firing or company shutdown (as was my case) the company tried to seek a refund for the amount not used. Even still, I tried and tried to convince FSI to let me attend, but because my company "owned the contract" they had the right to control of it. Plus, the lawyers have everyone scared because if something happened while I was down there, I could potentially be allowed to sue the company since they foot the bill/paid the contract. Ended up that the company that canned us all was not able to get any refunds... HAHAHA. And FSI granted me permission to attend my G450 recurrent under the PPP. I paid costs for all other classes that i wanted/needed.

Last edited by Iflyme; 3rd Aug 2009 at 18:51. Reason: Lost the quote