PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Auxiliary Air Force
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2002, 17:05
FOMere2eternity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tee

One of the beauties of the RAuxAF is that if you don't like it, you can just leave (subject to wars and call-ups of course). To go Flt Ops, you need the highest aptitude score, but it's not rocket science - for example to be a gunner, holding the pen the right way up is a strong pass - Flt Ops is margionally harder !

If you call for an info pack most of the stuff you need to know is contained within - the biggest difference between oggies and regulars is generally you're treated better - not least because regulars have mortgages and have to stay in !

Specifically for Flt Ops, it's handy of you're either unemployed or have an airfield that's open at weekends, otherwise hands-on can be a bit hard to find after the theory course. There are lots of other top-tips that the likes of Tocsin can give you that aren't necessarily in the brochure, but generally it's not a bad 'pastime' (not sure that's the word I'm after)

Of the oggies I've met, I will say they're damn committed and outshine the regulars in a number of ways. The regulars can be a bit suspicious of oggies because they look different, but once they see em in action, they want more !

Give your local bunch a call and see what they say.