PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Aviation Academy (Bahrain)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 17:53
Mike.Park

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I understood from the thread it's not a full sponsership!
Red max, your right it's not full sponsorship. Not getting through the dodgy GAA selection criteria is not the end all, be all. You'll be asked to take out a massive bank loan (rumoured to be over 50k Dinars) and a job offer at the end of training is neither guaranteed nor even conditional - nothing in writing either!

It's important you take that into consideration.

we deserve our Bd200 back as it was taken with false information.
Coolred38, I agree and I'm sympathetic to everyone who had to pay 200 Dinars only to be shown the door, or just left hanging. I discussed this in a previous post earlier on. In my opinion, it's criminal that they were allowed to charge everyone for the "privilege" of being screened. It's unjustified.

If your paying to put yourself through a selection process, you should at least, as a bare minimum expect some form of written or oral feedback in return for your money.

I don't know how things are done at GAA, but I can tell you that the more reputable flight schools out there offer a service in return for your custom. You are given a full debrief at the end where a flight or ground instructor will go through your performance on each of the testing areas, discuss your weak areas, and give you hints and suggestions on how to improve should you need to.

Perhaps someone from GAA can muster up the courage and offer an explanation on here?!