PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 14:52
Jochi85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stage 3

Hey everyone,

I have my Stage 3 interview at the end of this week. Having read through all the information on here and on the various NATS websites I am a little stuck with my preparation. Can anybody help?

The info on Welcome to NATS - Jobs and careers at NATS contains a list of topics that will be covered by the interview (plus others I'm sure) where you need to provide examples from your experience to demonstrate you possess those particular qualities. That's fair enough but I am really struggling with a couple of them. In particular the following:
  • Numerical Awareness
  • Error Awareness

How do you demonstrate an example of numerical awareness in an interview situation? Apart from completing a test there and then or just saying "I'm good with numbers". Same goes for Error Awareness. These are the kind of subjects I would have thought the first two stages were supposed to demonstrate.

Can you see what I'm getting at?

As for other prep I have read the ATC book by Graham Duke (available at most libraries for anyone else trying to source it) and took a visit to the Swanwick control centre (a trip worth it's weight in gold in my honest opinion as it really gives you an insight into what you could possibly end up doing for the next 20 years!) so overall things are good.

I do not generally have issues with interview questions....just the ones mentioned above have completely thrown me. Any help would be great!

Cheers,
Jochi