PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Night Vision Goggles (NVG discussions merged)
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 14:36
Phrogman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suspected you both had movable lights, however due to both of your responses, I now feel quite inadequate with the ones we have We just use the two pilot controlled lights, and one of those now is at half strength due to the desire for IR (not for the SAR mission). We have the SX-5, but as mentioned, it tends to be a little much down low.
Crab, I am going to have to use your point about dusk and the pitfalls that exist at an upcoming presentation. You flashed me back to a couple of cases and I know exactly what you mean, it is not a common discussion in our community and it needs to be. It is nice to see how others hold the same healthy respect to approaches to the water at night, it is often a variable taken for granted in fledgling operations located near water and who have just acquired NVG's and a hoist. I know of one fairly large public safety operation on the east coast that is tinkering with going goggles soon, and their leadership suggested that they can then expect to go offshore and be able to hoist from a boat, NVG...single pilot. Thoughts?