PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL theory- how long does it take?
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2002, 16:17
pil

Smile How long did it take you?

Pprune brethren

Please excuse me for raising the crass subject of money, but I need guidance. I am embarking in the next few months on a year long quest to finally grab that CPL/IR ME jobbie. The first part will be taken up with ATPL ground school and assuming 8 months for this; I’ve done my sums, saved my money and provided I can survive on tinned beans and lard fritters, I feel I can fund my way through this course.
However, at the end of this, things become a tad more expensive when the commercial flight training begins. Looking on websites gives you the costs for the bare minimum hours to complete the course. As we all know, this is very rarely the case, especially when dealing with more complex and demanding manoeuvres that require mastering.
So my query to the forum is such, how many hours tuition did it take from start to finish of the following ratings/licences. CPL, IR(ME) and FI.
This isn’t a contest to see who got their license the quickest, it just I would like to get a feel for the average number of hours it takes. Then, I know how much extra money I need to ask the nice lady behind the counter of Lloyds while wearing a stocking on my head.

Ta muchly