PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fatal Crash in Maryland
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 11:59
Sebastian-PGP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phil,
As a student at AHC, I can assure you that scud running is something actively discouraged and NOT something we're taught to do, either by example or by instruction. If the Wx indicates no go, we don't go. I can't tell you how many drives out to Frederick have been nixed and how many times I've been told to turn around and go home because of the frequently crappy weather in that part of the world. AHC personnel are NOT reckless and do NOT encourage unsafe flying in any way shape or form.

Invariably these sorts of incidents will lead to cynical arses impugning the reputations of fine folk who've instructed hundreds of very qualified pilots. The ranks of former AHC students include numerous EMS and LEO operators and very safe, qualified commercial operators.

You don't know anything about the school rather obviously, so perhaps it's better you clam up about that sort of thing until more facts about the incident come to light? We don't know the scenario Jeff was faced with or the exact circumstances that lead him to be that low to the ground. Perhaps they'd had a mechanical and were trying to auto to the roadway?

Last edited by Sebastian-PGP; 3rd Aug 2009 at 12:10.