PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Digital Photography Thread
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 00:00
Jofm5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Digital Photography Thread

As mentioned previously after some disappointing pics from Biggin Hill with my trusty £50 Benq point and click I took some advice from people on here and invested in a second hand Nikkon D100 body.

Its a fantastic camera and I have been playing with it for a month or so now with a 55-200mm f4-5.6G ED AF-S DX NIKKOR Zoom Lens - which is giving me some good results.

I wish to get some more lenses and maybe some filters - I feel I stand out as a bit of a perv taking pics of my 9mth old on the swings with such a big lens lol - so I was looking for a lens a tad more appropriate in size for the family type pics where no zoom is required - any ideas, suggestions and best places to purchase.

Another question is I shoot in RAW generally and convert to JPG on the PC, apart from the reduction in speed are there any other pitfalls in doing this (storage is not a problem as have 2x4gb flash cards). I am thinking of purchasing some filters to play with but are they much better than using something like photoshop to apply the filters ?

Any hints would be gratefully received.

Cheers