PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2009, 21:38
adam28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cavokay7

Hi,

There is no basic checking involved in the tests any longer. Quick question - you say you failed on the cubes, how many did you complete in the test and did they tell you how many you got right?

As for the operations in the diagramming, I think you just about covered all of them! The ones I remember are:

Reverse shape
flip shape
copy to box below
copy to bottom box
copy to top box
swap with box above
swap with box below (i think)
delete next command
delete previous command
swap colours
set colours to black
set colurs to white (i think)
delete contents of this, next or previous box
present column in reverse order
present column in different order eg, 4,1,3,2 (top shape being 1, bottom being 4).(watch out for these little , i think they must have asked me to do this for the last 10 questions or so!Hence why i did not have time to complete the last two!)

I can't remember any others if there was any.

As for revision or practice for the tests, I concentrated mainly on the ATC info they give you, although I did try and find books, websites etc for aptitude tests. I wasn't successful with finding books, however I used a website called www.psychometric-success.com.
If you go into 'download practice tests' there is a list of different tests you can do. Personally, i printed off and completed the tests entitled 'Abstract Reasoning', 'Diagrammatic Reasoning' and 'Spatial Ability'.
These tests only have a few questions in them that are like the questions NATS give you, however I recommend giving the whole test a go as it really gets your brain working and is after all testing the same things NATS are testing - diagrammatic reasoning and spatial ability. The abstract reasoning paper isn't anything like any NATS test, but i found it interesting and thought it was worth doing as it involved sequences and spotting things that were out of place etc.

Thanks for wishing me luck, thats 5 working days gone by now, only a possible 10 still to wait, not that i'm counting! Good luck with applying later in the year, keep us posted as i will you!