PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A total rip off
Thread: A total rip off
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2009, 09:08
vee-tail-1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
David, as ever many thanks.
One problem of perhaps many that are emerging in part M:
Only five Robin ATLs in UK, so no CAMO has considered it worthwhile to get one on it's approvals list (not enough aircraft to cover the cost). This would make orphans of all Robin ATLs and some other EASA aircraft types. However CAA surveyors are interpreting part M differently, so at least one sub part F & G organisation has approval for ALL Robin aircraft types, and is prepared to recommend an ARC for an ATL. Having obtained approval from the French GSAC for my French registered ATL to have its ARC done here in UK, I contacted the Gloucester based organisation. They in turn registered with the local GSAC office at Lille. So far so good, until GSAC required the Gloucester people to carry out the ARC review according to the French Manual of Specifications for CAMOs (Manuel de specifications de l'organisme de gestion du maintien de la navigabilite MGN) This requires a type-specific maintenance program, as the French do not recognise LAMP. But of course the CAA surveyor requires the aircraft to have been maintained under LAMP in order to recommend an ARC. So stalemate, and the possibility of getting an ARC done in any member state is torpedoed by the CAA's huge approval fees(>£400 per a/c plus docs) & desire to hang onto LAMS / LAMP instead of using type-specific maintenance like everyone else.
I have a feeling that once the French get to grips with part M in September there will be many more anomalies thrown up.

Last edited by vee-tail-1; 2nd Aug 2009 at 09:57.