PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crosswind With Gust Landings
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2009, 08:23
jamestkirk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyingtincans

Don’t really see why this ICAO document is relevant.

Your airline SOP's take precedence anyway, if it isn’t clearly stated in their manuals then id ask for clarification from the chief pilot.
That was your original post.

Thanks Jamestkirk for proving my point, yes the SOP's are in some cases a carbon copy or even more restricting than EU/FAA OPS, so why worry yourself with the original documentation? (unless of course your company is not using an approved operating manual)
That was your second. How did I prove your point as you did not make the same points.

If your SOP's have everything clearly stated then you must have a vast library on the aircraft. For example, do you or the aircraft have a copy of EU OPS etc. (or equivalent)on board. Or is it somewhere to reference.

Surely, planning takes place throughout the flight.

If your not worried about the original documentation why did you read annex 3.

I keep stating 'at the captains discretion' and on my last post I put it at the top in upper case. I can't be any clearer.

Why? Because your right on limits and have gusty conditions, the aircraft limits have been demonstrated by a test pilot and im not a test pilot.
Taking the commercial air transport aspect out. Remember crosswind limits in your POH are generally 'max demonstrated'.