PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many IFR hours/1000 hours...
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2009, 07:33
nikaviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks so much for your advise, I really appreciate it, it makes sense that I can't actually aim for a certain time, as it depends on the varied experiences I get.

I intend to enjoy the journey to 1000 hours, combination of cfi, ga, safety pilot on single engine turboprops and all. I am also exploring what kind of planes can I legally act as a safety pilot and log time.

I am now planning to do cfi plus MEI on a diamond 42 as well , so that will give me more hours on it toward the 1000 hrs. I feel cfi will leave me wanting more after a while and I will get bored after a few months.

I really enjoy flying with reference to instrument and doing instrument approaches in various airports. I feel I am learning new stuff each time I fly a different IFR route cross country. Aside from that I enjoy taking extra lessons on unusual attitude recovery and aerobatics (when I can)

I would like to get different kind of experiences in flying, and fly in different countries. So far I've flown in 3 countries only, but I am hoping to add more. I needed the advise so as not to go wrong in just flying vfr without trying to get a certain amount of instrument hours as well.

Thanks!