PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Aviation Academy (Bahrain)
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2009, 23:16
Coolred38

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just curious about requirements

Hello everyone...Ive been following this thread closely as my son is one of those trying to get a place in this pilot program.

It would seem that, according to comments here, that the choices have been slim and that potential candidates have fallen short of meeting the criteria. Im curious as to what criteria is being used to choose these candidates because my son seems to fit everything they asked for...and he was one of the 7 called back for day 2 interviews...he passed everything with no problems and told me he got very positive feed back from the interviewers...and yet he got a phone call saying he was on some sort of stand by...that he didnt actually make it but might be considered and not to lose hope. (something like that as he was very upset over the call)

I want to know then...what criteria is required? Someone commented that nobody knew much about the airplanes etc....I didnt see knowledge of aircrafts as requirements to be met on the application forms....and anyhow...isnt that what they will teach you in the program?

My son has been an A student ALL his academic life. He has never gotten into trouble...has a clean history and worked hard for every thing he has earned thus far...and he dreamed to be a pilot....but we dont have money to pay for him...so this program practically fell out of the sky into his lap and he was over the freakin moon about it...walking on cloud 9 for days until he was called in for his interviews etc...then he was BOUNCING on clouds for days after that...then the phone call and he is crushed.

What the heck does a person have to have to get in this program...desire....ability to learn...strong character and willing personality etc...what? He has all of those as well as perfect English...which many of those there that day indicated was a MUST.

So basically he met every requirement they asked for...and yet was seemingly declined. What the heck were they REALLY looking for...or was this just a publicity stunt or some such thing which happens quite alot in Bahrain...everything is for show...nothing with substance.

Someone who tried and failed miserably (his english is terrible) said they told him 2 years college was required...but that is NOT listed on the requirements page...and if it were...then I would guess that we along with many other families...would not have struggled to come up with this much needed Bd200 to pay for applying...if we knew we didnt fullfill the requirements....so if that is true...we deserve our Bd200 back as it was taken with false information.

My son just wants to be a pilot...and he thought his dream was actually within his grasp...but this whole thing has seemed to be an elaborate charade from the start. Is there anywhere we can get some answers?

Thanks for listening.