PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Shirts -Where can you buy a good one from?
Old 1st Aug 2009, 23:14
SASless

Received 525 Likes on 220 Posts
As I am retired from all this good fun....I will put on an auction of my "old" Pilot Shirts. I have hand tailored shirts from Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, and the Philippines, store bought versions from the USA, company issued from the UK, and a bunch that were bought from various soucks, bazaars, and flea sales along with some that I found on the road side or in rubbish bins. Alas, I cannot hock the ones I lost along the way (or the lovely Navy leather flying jacket donated to a girlfriend's husband very early one frosty morning on the north end of London). In time, I shall put forth an inventory, with a general discription of the item, and a minimum bid price.

Those from my S-58T days can be id'd by the spiffy pink stained left sleeve and shoulder, the Hughes 500 days attire are well worn canvas, wool, and chamios versions. The Chinook shirts are all Olive Green with concealed buttons or zips (one with tattered and charred sleeve ends) while the MBB line all have blood, burrito, and Beanee-Weanee stains. My middle east special blend shirts all feature whopping great gray patches beneath the arms. The regal Jet Ranger long sleeve versions all have a black ring about halfway up the forearms. Other shirts accumulated during many years of 212 flying appear to have been used as grease rags and are not suitable for VIP flights. Those purchased or supplied and replaced by the company as needed are all in relatively good shape, some still in the pristine clear cello wrapper while those purchased and maintained personally are worn, used, patcheds, rotten, and have terminal ring around the collar on the remaining fabric. The 500 shirts are of great use on safari, big game hunts, or lounging around a bush bar.

Look here for the auction hotline.