PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Convenient little application for UK GA weather information
Old 1st Aug 2009, 23:07
Superpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Convenient little application for UK GA weather information

Hi all,

Thought I'd share this with you. It's a little MS Windows app I have written which fetches weather information pages from some of my favourite websites / sources on the web and places them all together into one tidy and easy to access portal.

It's targeted at Mr Joe Average UK General Aviation Pilot and I don't claim that it does anything special. However, I'm sure it will save you lots of time when searching for weather information in preparation for UK GA flights.

You will require Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or greater, which you should have if you've been keeping your Windows up to date but full instructions for download are provided.

The app provides a very quick and easy method of getting the latest METAR and TAF information from one of the worlds most trusted sources - ADDS for as many airports as you require. You can configure the METAR and TAF data to automatically update too therefore ensuring you're always looking at the latest weather reports. It also provides links to the F214 and F215 charts, Visible and IR satellite charts as well as a rainfall radar chart all from the Met Office. Pressure, temp, viz and other weather charts courtesy of xc-weather are also included. There are also a couple of tabs for your own custom pages.

Aviation Weather Station v1.0

Thanks

Last edited by Superpilot; 2nd Aug 2009 at 21:15.