PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2009, 21:35
IB4138

Pilot of the Airwaves

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good post shed.

However it is not just the staff of the airport who need in some cases looking at... a few are in my opinion unemployable with terrible attitudes, but still have customer facing jobs......but the airlines themselves, who's handling agents and their own staff, including cabin staff based at MAN, have the " you are a holidaymaker" mentality . They seem unable to comprehend that a British Citizen, may not live in the UK and are infact going home to their country of residence.

They have attitudes that I will not put up with, being an expat, do not accept or receive here in Spain and I will be vocal about them, instead of cowtowing to the perceived "norm" that a great majority of UK dwellers do.

Even customer service staff at airlines sidestep written complaints about specific members of cabin staff, aircraft seating, cancelled flights and handling agents. They are not alone in such behaviour in the UK transport industry, as Northern Rail will also not reply to complaints about their staff. It appears to be a British disease these days.

Don't get me wrong. I like using MAN and in particular T3 with Easyjet, who now have all my business, when I fly to and from the UK. I will admit to being a "plus card "holder, but that suits me. There are however certain individuals at MAN, who I would probably count on the fingers of one hand, who go out of their way to be obstructive to passengers. Complaints about them have no effect, they still reappear at the airport, instead of at the Job Center.

Strangely enough, I do not have recollections of airport staff at Gatwick or Luton, with such poor attitudes to pax.

Last edited by IB4138; 1st Aug 2009 at 22:42.