PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did You Fly The Vulcan?? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2009, 17:22
euanls

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IX Squadron 1965

Yes Indeed. I was on IX Squadron from mid 1965 for about three years. I was a young Nav Radar on my first Squadron. Did the Singapore detachment in 1966 and then later, 44 and 101 Squadron in "the Lincolnshire Air Force."

How did I get to this site? I am sitting in bunkered-down Kabul, having had to wear a tie and suit to visit a Minister and, the tie I selected was the 230 OCU tie. As I was tying it, I realised it had started to fray and, because it was the only blue tie I had and I only had one dark suit with me, I decided that, tonight, I would see if I could source a new one. After all, I did buy it in 1965. You should understand that I am a Scot!!

So, I googled 230 OCU and found this site and, despite the fact that I should have been working for the last few hours, I have thoroughly enjoyed myself, immersing myself in nostalgia. What a pleasure.

I am actually here (from Australia, my home), writing a new generation of USAID health programmes, which do not exclude the PRTs and other military counterinsurgency activities. Interesting, but...

I intend to attend the Vulcan reunion either later this year or next year. We "Defenders of the Realm of Yesteryear" need to reinvigorate ourselves from time to time.