PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2009, 13:49
al446

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mickyman

Please excuse my presumption in leaping to the defence of IB4138 as his/her post encapsulates my feelings. The post was not about defining anybody's perfect airport, it was against the small mindedness of some (many?) who post on here with a supposedly superior knowledge, and attitude, just because they work for an airport/airline/travel agent and make sweeping generalisations to try to prove a narrow minded and often spurious point.

Ian Brooks has it right in saying, essentially, that everyone is an individual and should be treated as such. By all means make the facilities available but do not expect to coral us into a demographic and cry when we don't use them. Personally I think MAN shops are overpriced.

Almost nobody can say where or what their perfect airport is, it depends on why the individual is travelling. Sometimes I am 'bucket & spade' but the chances of me shelling out for an overpriced latte in order to enhance my 'airport experience' are less than nil, most times I just want to get past the security bozos and to the gate as quickly as poss, especially in the case of UK airports.