PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISLE OF MAN
Thread: ISLE OF MAN
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2009, 08:54
Tonyq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think we can all assume that FlyBe are doing very nicely on their core IOM routes, despite the economic situation. There is plenty of scope to trim the schedules on LPL, MAN and LGW if they felt they needed to, and that rarely happens, outside the quiet months of Jan. and Feb.

I guess that SOU, NQY and JER are operated on a marginal cost basis, or to position aircraft, but they seem to tick along too. If they didn't, they'd be off.

I imagine that forward booking revenue is generally healthy from IOM and good for cash flow. Lots of people here booking well ahead for school holidays, half term etc.

The patient contract will add over a £1 million to their revenues, and will add very little to their costs. They should get other additional revenue too as the patients will generate higher load factors, which will jack fares up for everyone else.

Anyway Ramper, you need to hope I'm on the right track, as no FlyBe, and no obvious Plan B = fewer flights and fewer ramp jobs, so maybe you need to get the old prayer mat out.