PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Change in BA stategy?
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2009, 08:34
Guest 112233

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA User

As a regular BA user L.Haul to the USA for the last 9 years or so (VFR), I think its important to differeniate between the medium/long haul and shorter services - no grub on a 1h or 2h secter for the SLF is not too bad BUT...... - Although the advantage to an early morning pax, of some kind of breakfast cannot be under estimated. (I speak from experence), however from a service point of view and I'm thinking outside the Anglo Saxon mind set - the absence of any kind of offering, or greeting in this sense, is culturely offensive and could deter nationals from other parts of the world from using BA when another carrier is avalable. Like the poster in another tread said; "removing the late evening rotations even though they are not well supported lessens loadings on other services.". BA are not Ryan air / Easy Jet - Its the experence more than the cost that matters for people prepared to pay to travel with airlines like BA. Another victory for the bean counters and another nail in the box for BA. I don't remember the days of Connies/VC10's and menus but the sprit of "If you don't like it! piss off or quit whinging and pay" seems to be the sprit of the age.

CAT III

Last edited by Guest 112233; 1st Aug 2009 at 08:42. Reason: But