PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA scrap meals(except breakfast!)
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2009, 08:21
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flapsforty,

There is a way, an attitude that may be adopted, when fulfilling one's duties and when I say I experienced attitude problems I mean precisely that. One can politely ask one not to consume their own alcohol, that one has only brought with them because they know that only one 250ml can of beer will be served on board, but when one is spoken with such an attitude, a customer is spoken to with such an attitude, then it puts one's back up.

There is nothing unlawful about one consuming one's own alcohol providing that one doesn't endanger the safe operation of that aircraft, if the airline want to monitor one's level of alcohol comsumption then they should make alcohol available, paid for or otherwise, and if they do have such a condition of travel then it should be inclued in the terms & conditions at the time one is booking, which it is/was not!

If I want to experience a p1ss poor customer relations experience then I can travel with an Irish LCC but when I choose to fly with national flag carriers, travelling on business, then I expect improved upon customer relations, we all have a choice of how we may choose to carry out our duties, with an attitude or with a smile, and I have a preference for the latter.