PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Continental TurboProp crash inbound for Buffalo
Old 1st Aug 2009, 04:31
PA-28-180

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree with all the above. I guess I was VERY lucky early on! My flight school had very high time, professional instructors - my ppl instructor had over 2,500 hours, a degree in aeronautical engineering and an ATP (thank you Tim!!). Same for my ir, me, and cpl instructors. The school also had a 135 air taxi business, flying navajo's and even a metro (protect the hornet - I'm sure you know exactly what outfit I'm talking about at CCR!).
Many of the instructors went on to be FO's at regionals - but NOT at these salaries! They made more as instructors!
I made more as a PART TIME 135 pilot - mainly flying from ccr to monterey!
-Whyistheirair - I also learned this, and practiced it as a business owner. You NEVER compete on price!! You either compete on service, OR product...end of story!!
Unfortunately, Galaxy is also correct. There will ALWAYS be people willing to fly for burger flipper wages....just to build time. I guess we can't all be ex-military, or get jobs flying paper around (or CHICKENS like I did for a while in a an old, clapped out 402! Always thought it was WEIRD to be flying BIRDS around northern California!! )