PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew Fatigue : Own Up or Man Up?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2009, 23:59
glum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think we all understand the 130 crews will take more risks than the rest of the fixed wing AT fleet, and no doubt fly very fatigued a lot of the time. Nature of the beast. Does that make it right?

The Tristar Captain who declares his crew is unfit to fly home is perfectly aware that the guys down the back have had a bloody hard six months and would really like to go home now. Even more so with a Comp or CCAST on board.

You think 216 is new to this?

Thank God they stopped the routine 24 hour augmented crew days, whoever thought that was enduring had never obviously done that route week after week after week.

Who benefits from extremely tired crews flying through the busy Western European airspace? The civvies in those other planes passing 500 feet away on the way to their holidays?

Maybe it'd be easier to remain alert if there was the threat of small arms fire or SAM attack, but when all you have is your own willpower it is a real battle.

This isn't a pissing contest. Why do some feel the need to drag everyone down to their level of operating, rather than trying to raise everyone's game to the highest level? To prove how macho they are?

Good for you fella, have a medal. But when it's me or my family involved, get a good night's sleep would you? There's a good chap.