PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amelia Earhart PNG Theory
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2009, 23:23
David Billings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amelia Earhart Project in PNG

SEAL 11:

Ever since I stood on a street corner with my tin cup held out, I too have been surprised that no American funding has arisen for the Project. I put it down to the fact that the evidence has not arisen from America and therefore it can't be true. Although I have many supporters in America and some of them have sent amounts of money (especially a lady in L.A.) no-one has come up with the big tomale, the "larger" amount we need for the Magnetometer Survey. Despite the story being in USA Today back in 2001 and the website being up since 2004 the necessary moolah eludes us.

Sixties Relic knows me and has sat in my office in my shed while I went through the detail of the project and I thank him and others for their support.

Training Wheels, Barkly, et al who want the Paypal thing. I'll see about setting that up when I get back home to Oz.

Brian Abraham:

If your Dad was in Lae and got out before the gentlemen from the Rising Sun arrived, he was lucky. Those that remained in Lae were taken to Rabaul and most ended up on the Montevideo Maru. "Hostages to Freedom - The Fall of Rabaul" by Peter Stone is an excellent read for anyone wanting to know about Rabaul since German times through to the end of WWII. A fascinating book and in it one more clue as to why no-one other than the Australian Patrol has seen the all-metal wreck which evidence says is the Electra.

Rog747:

Make it dinner at the Dorchester and you are "ON". I'll have the Beef Wellington...... always wanted to say that !

Tinpis:

For all those that do not know, "Tinpis" in Tok Pisin is "Tinned Fish" a staple here in PNG, "rais na tinpis" a dinnertime favourite....

Tinny, I have been reading your comments on the "ples bilong Tok-Tok" thread for a few years now. Mate, you would have made a fortune as a comedian in music halls !!! You have amused me no end over that period, Thanks........ and "Yes", they did stay at the Cecil. It is said Noonan left the drift bombs under the bed in his room. I was a bit too late to catch up with Mrs. Birrell to speak to her down at the Gold Coast.

Regards,

Dave Billings