PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A380 Hard Landing at Oshkosh
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2009, 22:45
sludge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rainboe, the A-380 will make money just like the Concorde did - never. Even by Airbus' account, they gotta sell 250 of them to break EVEN! Good luck with that. It's the European taxpayer, just as with the Concorde, who will pay the bills. It's a huge govt. jobs creation program. "Ladies and Gentlemen, look out on final and watch in awe as the worlds largest and most advanced aircraft, the Airbus A-380, a shining example of superior technology and sophistication, lands at Oshkosh".............SPLAT!!!!! (Lots of tire smoke, full rudder deflections both ways, wings flexing.....yikes!). WHoops! Yea, when I wanna sell my airplane I'm gonna hire a ****-hot test pilot and have him crash land it in front of the buyer!!!

Dan Gryder is a Delta 777 pilot btw, and instructs in his DC-3, he does a helluva job, and knows how to land in a crosswind. He's gotten his -3 in and out of I believe a 2000' strip, if I remember right, its all on AVweb » The World's Premier Independent Aviation News Resource. No substitute for proper technique!