PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF piot retrenchments
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2009, 22:41
CaptCloudbuster

Received 129 Likes on 37 Posts
waiting for an apology

Metrosmoker said
Before you question my ignorance, I would check your own backyard. I know 3 guys in the company, none of which want reduced flying or pay. I will be the first to apologise for my ignorance if I am wrong.
AIPA checked said backyard recently...see end of this post for results

And

Most importantly, this is my view as is affects me at present.
Why should my plight be any less/more important than anyone else's.
United we stand...divided we fall.

And

I doubt there is one guy in Qantas who would take a pay cut, demotion etc to save the job of another pilot in the company.
To quote a notorious QREWROOM regular... "INCORRECT!!!"

I'm very proud to be an AIPA member presently. I'm sure even if you asked the entire Mainline Pilot body no one WANTS reduced flying or pay however as proved by the following the vast majority are prepared to look out for each other. You might take a lesson from this Metrosmoker...

This from AIPA insights 29th July 2009:- President Jackson said

As you know, AIPA recently distributed a quick survey to gauge the thoughts and preferences of Qantas mainline members, and I was pleased to see a very healthy 82% of you responded. Other indications are that 93% of those surveyed thought it was positive that AIPA was working cooperatively with the Company to address the redundancy problem. What was also pleasing to hear was that 81% of the Captains and First Officers surveyed were willing to have a “collective” attitude to potential redundancies. AIPA will use this survey as guidance as we address the current issues affecting many of our members.

Last edited by CaptCloudbuster; 31st Jul 2009 at 23:03.