PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA scrap meals(except breakfast!)
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2009, 22:37
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(many passengers donīt mind buying something at the terminal)

Precisely, but at the time when KLM economy was like a desert, and I attempted to drink the one beer I had bought with me I got bolloxed something rotten by the cabin crew.

Another time, I was flying with Lufthansa on a CRJ out of MUC, LH only serve a miniature (250ml) or beer, and in the MUC terminal, aware of LH's appalling cabin service, I had bought a couple of beers for the journey, it was the evening and quite a lengthy sector.

As soon as the cabin crew became aware I had my own beer they had an attitude problem and this continued throughout the flight and all I was doing, or was trying to do, was relax and wind down after a long day whilst looking forward to getting to my hotel.

Eventually, as we had just begun descent into our destination, the cabin crew, maintaining their attitude problem, demanded to take the beer from me as we were about to land, I hasten to add that I had already secured my tray table and my seat in the upright position.

Well, one knows when the gear comes down on a CRJ and looking out of the window we were still at umpteen thousands of feet whilst the flaps remained up, by now I was fed up with the cabin crew attitude problem telling her "the wheels are up, the flaps are, up, we're still at umpteen thousands of feet so if we are about to land then you've got bigger problems than allowing me to finish off my beer!"

All this nonsense that we are not allowed to consume our own food or alcohol, well if they tried offering anything more that a snack and a 250ml can of beer then, perhaps, we wouldn't need to consume our own!

And as for BA, nothing has convinced me to fly with them for the past 4 (ish) years and I'm not reading anything here that persuades me to recommence flying with BA.