PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2009, 18:43
EI320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some people need to do a little research before making wild, inaccurate accusations.

But I will say Aer Lingus is just going to run out of cash, as the product is s***. High costs and low load-factors - I don't think it takes a business-man to work out where they are heading.
As has been pointed out above, EI will not run out of cash anytime soon, and will have adequate time to cut costs and re-organise the business in a way which should ensure the company remains viable in the long-term. Whether this involves launching bases in Europe/focusing on long-haul/joining an alliance/merging etc remains to be seen.

You've obviously little experience of the EI short-haul product either. The inflight product is by no means s***. It's a very consistent product - comfortable seats, good BOB offering and friendly CC, what more do you expect on a short flight to the UK/Europe?

The average EI LF in 2008 was 72.8%, not my idea of a "low load factor". Loads on l/h have been pretty dire I'll admit, but should improve with the winter cutbacks due to reduced capacity.

3 routes and a few aircraft out are not exactly cuts?
They are indeed cuts, and quite significant cuts at that. The culling of 3 long-haul routes should not be taken lightly.

I have never ever met anyone so arrogant and ignorant in my life
You haven't met him. This is an internet forum.

Last edited by EI320; 31st Jul 2009 at 19:00.