PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2009, 18:07
Hyperveloce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Ouvrir son parapluie"

In French, to talk in images, when problems are looming up for exemple over a large human organization (or several), and when everyone or each entity is beginning to protect his own interests (versus the others), we say "ouvrir son parapluie", litteraly "to put up one's umbrella" (before being rained down by problems). A similar idea in English ?
Jeff

EASA & Airbus: procedures about "unreliable airspeeds" should be well known & practiced by all the crew

Airbus: I sell planes with Thales Pitot probes only when my customer asks for them

Other compagnies: "US Airways Group Inc. and Delta Air Lines Inc.’s Northwest unit, the only U.S. operators of A330s, said they had already completed upgrades of the Pitot tubes on their planes with different Thales units following an earlier Airbus advisory" (Bloomberg)
Oh ! an Airbus advisory to install the new Thales Pitot probes you say ?
Cathay: the Goodrich probes on my entire Airbus fleet are like that

EASA : I don't render the replacement mandatory since I have no guarantee that the new probes will do it.
ok, well, finally, you really should buy some Goodrich now.

Thales: my probes are up to the specifications and have been certified by the French authorities, what's the problem ?

AF: well, this Pitot problems have no operational impact, but we are compiling a census for all of these. For historical purpose ?

Last edited by Hyperveloce; 31st Jul 2009 at 18:25.