PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 2
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 2
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2009, 18:05
DILLTHEDOG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK First Ryanair 1 , "set charges" are not price fixing, like in the Airport Car park, everyone pays the same.

A nice long winded posting but you don't answer the question, how is an airport going to make money if not from the retail outlets that Ryanair pax are unable to spend in because it will cost them in your ad ons. as I said please explain ?? not skirt round the question with generalisations.

The growth that you provide is only good if it generates income.

Flitefone, I actually travel with Ryanair alot and am not knocking what they offer, it's exceptional value for money, if you play your cards right and carry no bags, don't priority board etc etc

But the rules they have, do deter me from spending at the Airport Shops as it will result in more charges, so I don't spend, if pax don't spend in the shops they can't pay the Airport charges.

Ryanair don't cut costs they just get somebody else to pay them via a different route, it's common sense, if an airport lets Ryanair in free they will have to put a £1 a week on parking, or charge the retailers an extra 1% on sales, so your coffee will be 3p more a cup.

It's all bull !!! I know if i can fly for £10 each way from europe to the UK, some poor sod that booked late with excess baggage is paying for it.

Alll these accociated trades and businesses cannot do everything for nothing all business needs a margin whether it be Ryanair, the Airport or the Coffee Shop.

Ryanair just do a very good job of making everyone think they are cheaper, when someone else is picking up the cost.

I can sell a tin of beans for Fall if I get the supplier to sell it to me for fall, but eventually he will go out of business unless he gets the man that grows the beans to do it for fall then his family will starve.

Reducing your costs normally means someone gets shafted, somewhere along the line, and that's a fact.