PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudia
Thread: Saudia
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2009, 11:55
mutt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that i should start getting paid for this 1 beer per answer

Have you any idea what a typical work pattern is on the SFS aircraft, do the A/C fly a lot or is there a lot of Reserve. Dpends on the fleet and time of year, no one knows how active the H400 will be as they havent arrived. 24 hr standby is the norm and is worth 3 hours duty credit.

Is there many O/Nights away from base and do you know where they are typically. Again, fleet dependant. But for the Hawker it should be local as it doesnt have the range.

The Salary seams very low, are there extras that bring the income up to the levels elsewhere in the Gulf. Capt US$80k / FO US67k basic salary, how does that compare with others for a 16,000 lbs jet? Tax free and housing free.

Any Idea what the Requirements would be on the Larger A/C in SFS.
Capt 4000 hrs (2000 command) / FO 3000 hrs (2000 command) Ideally time in type.

On the Six days off is it possible to travel outside of KSA. Yep, crew ticket issued on SVA route structure. Note no interline with EI or BD, so getting to Dublin will be full fare at your cost.

Is it correct to assume that you will get 65hrs paid on top of the base salary Nope, its not correct. Basic salary is based on 65 hours CREDIT TIME per month. Then you are paid overtime.

if you do 24h stby, does this count towards the block hrs? Nope, it counts 3 hours towards CREDIT TIME, so in theory you can do 21.5 days standby and start getting paid overtime

Got a JAA licence Be prepared to do the FAA exams, tell them at interview that you will get the exams prior to arriving in Saudi.

Hope it makes sense.

Mutt

Last edited by mutt; 31st Jul 2009 at 12:23.