PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A total rip off
Thread: A total rip off
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2009, 11:38
robin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So the amount payable equals £33.33 per month, a not unreasonable amount for you to retain their services for.

Would you rather have it that every bill had 5% or whatever added? Much more transparent to pay a known fee so the maintenance organisation can cover the costs of the new legislation.

I do think that they should have discussed this with you in advance, so you knew what it covered and why it was being charged.
If only -

Ours is going to be around £800 per year.

I'm a bit torn on the subject. On the one hand this is £800 per year extra for doing something they were already doing. They are asking me to send them my flight hours so that they can write and tell me when to book in for the 50 hour - pointless stuff.

ON the other hand, they have, thanks to Part M, had to lay out wadges of cash to the Belgrano for approvals - when even the Belgrano didn't know how to issue them - and to employ more staff for the paperwork. They have to find a new revenue stream for this investment.

So don't blame your CAMO - blame the CAA's interpretation and early implementation of half-*rsed legislation.