PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA scrap meals(except breakfast!)
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2009, 08:40
keltic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And Iberia is rethinking serving again free catering on board. They probably have realized that cutting corners in this point means only marginal profits. Only when you have overprized food for purchase, you get huge big margins.

Of course I donīt mean that passengers need food (although for some itīs essential to keep them busy in flight), and of course passengers are not going to starve, or demand luxury trays with full meals, which make fight attandants to rush, but I donīt think itīs a good idea.

Itīs not really commercial. BA is not a low cost, and wonīt lower their prices in a regular basis, so I donīt think many passengers will understand this move. Market is market, and I am sure other airline will benefit from this.

People donīt normally choose an airline for the meals they serve in shorthaul, and many passengers donīt mind buying something at the terminal, but at the same price, same schedule, service makes the difference and in such a competitive markets, these cuts wonīt help at all to improve the annual turnover.