PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2009, 05:22
mybrico

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The point is that the needs of Business and Leisure travelers are different. Mixing them up creates issues for both.
Leisure travelers (Charter) want to enjoy their holiday – maybe the only flight they take in a year and they enjoy arriving at the airport a bit early, doing some shopping etc.
The Business traveler need efficiency, working space, rest and are prepared to pay because time is money. Fast track, club lounges, flat beds etc
Two other groups to mention – LOCO users seem to be more experience and frequent travelers – villa owners, independent travelers, savvy business types.
Long haul economy passengers – visiting friends and relatives, independent again.
Therefore segmenting them with Charter terminal may make sense. At Manchester there is a high % of charter more than 35% in peak months and that creates problems for the others. I stopped using charter airlines 16 years ago after been left stranded for 12 hours overnight in Malaga; I have no need of charter since the arrival of loco’s.
Manchester airport in my view still needs to adjust to a role in this century, in a competitive not regulated environment, as a large regional airport serving a diverse range of services. It’s a place in the main you fly from, not to, or through