PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2009, 23:40
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MANFlyer,

Apart from the fact that my post was twenty three lines long in response to your own original TWENTY FIVE (pots & kettles?), and that I made a point entirely different from that of TSR2 (who actually posted after me!), your observational skills are razor sharp!
:-)

But let me stress that I am not in the slightest bit upset by the suggestion that MAN is [at least partially] kept going by leisure travelers; I see them as welcome and valuable customers for MAN - it is yourself who appears to have some sort of problem with them? Bring them on: I am entirely content for MAN to benefit from their patronage. I have never subscribed to the theory that charter flights should be viewed as some kind of embarrassment to be hidden away. They are valuable business, and airports should not be afraid to celebrate and proclaim their contribution to a successful operation.

Yes, at an airport handling around 20 million pax per annum there will be some misbehaved individuals. But use of holiday flights is not the common denominator which defines them.

By the way, why the obsession with referring to all leisure travelers in derogatory terms only? Is it meant to look funny or clever? Happily, MAN does not appear to be in the habit of belittling its leisure customers with contemptuous labels like yours and I sincerely hope they never will.

Cheers, SHED.