PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK, Australia or Norway????
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2009, 23:33
mractive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UK, Australia or Norway???? where to train

Hi, iv had a search and haven't found what i'm after i hope you guys can help me?

I Am looking to get fully qualified so i can progress into a career in an airline eventually (not another one on the bandwagon). I currently do not have a ppl so will require training from virtually scratch.

i have considered the oxford ctc route but it just doesn't seem to add up money wise and having to relocate.

Iv narrowed my choices down to 3 options but am more than open to other ideas

1. Shoreham flying time. visited the guys down there and i really liked the feel of the place. Nice and small and feels like id be less of a number and more of a respected client. its also 15mins from me which helps with accommodation costs.

2. Study in Australia, Preferably Brisbane. (lived there before and loved it)
Airline Academy of Australia - Qantas approved Commercial Flight Training Organisation. anyone got any experience of these guys? I personally do not want to relocate in the UK if i am to relocate it will be abroad as to be honest id rather be in the sun.

3. NEARS NEAR - Pilot education - Home
This course looks very attractive however my only note of caution is the amount of time involved GF will locate with me but only for a year id say, Also are the flying hours accumulated on this course directly useful to a career in an airline?

any advice on these options will be great.

just so you know a bit of background info i have a degree in Architectural Technology, 2 years professional experience as an assistant architect and also have a BTEC nat dip in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. Im 25 and have the funds available to cover my studies.