PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ra Aus Not Goming To A Cta Near You
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2009, 23:15
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Francis, for your information-

If you are PPL then to get RAA licence you just pays your licence and do 5hrs conversion of which 3hrs can be solo....that easy!

The plane can fly in cta provided it has an approved engine, radio and transponder and a PPL licenced PF doing the stearing.

When GAAPs go CTAF after hours and there is daylight you can fly in on RAA licence.

If the PPL licence is lapsed then you have to do the whole RAA licence to get to the same level.

If your medical has been revoked then no RAA licence without passing that medical. If PPL lapsed and no revoked medical then OK on drivers licence.

Weight breaks are 540kg if you roll your own and 600kg for factory rolled LSA. Thats about my limit of knowledge on RAA rules. plenty of info on the RAA site if you really want to dig.

As for GFPT? You can do your solo NAV training out of a ClassC aerodrome like EN if you wish. My surprise was finishing my licence at EN after many years break on a very lapsed RPPL and found it quite refreshing to fly solo from EN down to PK for some circuits. Almost as much experience as my NAV3, Class C airspace MBZ and Tower aerodrome in one trip! Fly in that environment all the time and the ATO has a hard time trapping you on procedures