PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - South American backpacking
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2009, 23:08
FlyingOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glonass,

I laughed when I saw your location: "DisneyLAN"... Is it because it all just seems so mickey mouse from time to time?

OLV Pilot:

Travelling through Peru is relatively inexpensive, there are exellent coach services (lie-flat in some cases) that range in Price from 20-50 USD one way depending on how far you are going....

May I suggest the following: Cross the border from Salinas (awesome beach town), Ecuador down to Mancora (beaches with great surf, great seafood and SOME cheap hotels), then continue down through to Huaraz for some mountaineering/hiking/trekking (if you like that sort of thing). Then on to Lima (Colonial city centre, local ruins and great nightlife). Then continue by plane to Cuzco (typically 100-150USD one way on LAN Peru or TACA Peru) then hike to Macchu Picchu (Inca trail quite pricey nowadays) OR alternatively continue by land from Lima to Paracas (nature reserve), Nazca (the Lines) and Huacachina (small desert oasis town in middle of desert for sandboarding on the Dunes) and then continue to Cuzco by land. Once finished in Cuzco continue by train to Puno (Lake Titicaca) and then cross into Bolivia, continue to La Paz and visit the great Salt flats of Uyuni,etc and then on to Santa Cruz etc

Saludos,

OW

Last edited by FlyingOW; 30th Jul 2009 at 23:25.