PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arrrghhh (FAA to JAA)
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2009, 22:53
Bonanza_Driver

Location: Recently? All over the place.... but mostly somewhere between Europe and the UK....
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh man...I'm feeling with you....god save the JAA

Seriously though there are some (!!) useful things I learned during this whole "conversion" (8 months...yeah right whatever...) ordeal, a bit more on Met and PoF wouldn't hurt the us system....

But apart from that I completely agree with what you're saying....

And here's the best thing, many of the folks that did all of their training in Europe under JAA are actually completely and utterly convinced by the absolute superiority of their system what's it called again....oh yeah "bigoted" is the word I was looking for.... It's the old "Oh you've got an FAA license huh? I heard it's pretty easy to get those tickets..."

I'm going to throw myself a bit in the line of fire here; is it me or can anyone get the atpl theory these days? Just click through Bristol 8 hours a day for 3 weeks and hey presto, there's your pass...

Sorry chaps don't get me wrong here I'm not talking about those actually trying to understand pof, met and agk etc. but those who just blindly click through databases till they know every bloody question by the choice of answers given.... I mean those databases are great tools to learn the way the jaa formulate their questions but not to "learn" the subject....

Sorry guys I just had to moan a bit but I'm done now, promised