PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2009, 16:41
Zippy Monster

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
A few points then...

- Where on earth is someone up to their eyeballs in debt, most of it nowadays secured, from an integrated course going to get the money to then go and buy 500 hours of line training?

- I can tell you from recent past experience of my own and of others, that 500 hours on a jet making around 750-800hrs total time, as would be the case with many fresh fATPL holders out of expensive courses, is absolutely no use whatsoever. You don't fill the criteria for most jobs, agencies will simply tell you to go away, and the very few for which you do meet the requirements will be so inundated with spontaneous applications that they won't even bother to acknowledge receipt.

- So, you've bought 500 hours on a jet and you still don't have a job. Then what? Another 500? Where does it end? And where will it end for the greedy organisations plying their trade in this part of the industry?

-
These schemes have become the norm
No they haven't - yet. There are a few isolated cases, and EZY have stopped dealing with the organisation that conducted this sort of training last year. But they will become the norm if people succumb to your way of thinking. As I asked - where does it end?

-
Have you seen loads of job openings for unrated low hour drivers in 'Flight'?
Have you seen ANY job openings for rated low-hour 'drivers' ANYWHERE?

- What does this have to do with the CTC scheme?